Saturday, June 11, 2011

Removing Lashes..

Every once in a while you will need to remove a full set of lashes or maybe just a few. Removal is a very delicate process and at no time do you want to damage the clients lashes.


Clients may wish to have lashes removed for a variety of reasons such as:

  • They can no longer afford lashes
  • They have been poorly applied by another lash stylist
  • Client has a reaction to the lashes
  • The client may not like the feel of the lashes
  • The client may like to have lashes fully removed and then have another fullset applied 

What ever the case may be, dont be upset when a client comes to you to have their lashes removed. The alternative is usually them pulling the lashes out themselves and this is a definite NO NO!!


Whenever I am removing eyelashes, I always elevate the client up. I also apply pads under the eyes so the solution does not get on the clients skin. I really like to use a microbrush as my tool of choice, other tools that may work well are an eyelash comb, disposable mascara brushes. Just do not use anything with cotton. The best advice I can give you, is to let the product work for you. I believe it takes about 5 minutes with the product on the lashes for them to easily slide off. 


When you are sliding them off, do not be forceful, if they do not come off right away after 5 minutes, apply more solution to that area. Be patient!! After the lashes have all come off, I remove the pads, clean and prep the eyes with protein remover, dry the eyes, reprep and now I am ready to lash.


Be super cautious of using the remover near the eye area. As a general rule you should always use a gel remover as a liquid can easily drip into the wet line and sting the eyes.


If I have time I will clean the clients eyes as above, remove pads and have the client go and wash eyes, this is to ensure any glue residue is completely gone. You will need to make sure the lashes are completely dry before you start your lash application. 


Try our glue be gone Gel here:
Hypnotic Lashes Glue Be Gone Gel Remover

No comments:

Post a Comment